Orchids - Botanic Gardens In Dublin
COBH THE LAST PORT OF CALL FOR THE TITANIC
BEWARE OF THE HUNGRY TREE
- This is a granite column dedicated to the American Expeditionary Force, many of whom were based in Belfast prior to D-Day.
The Gardens, located close to the Parkgate Street entrance, comprise an area of 9 hectares (22 acres), and were re-opened in 1864. These gardens were initially established in 1840 as the Promenade Grounds. They display Victorian horticulture, including ornamental lakes, children’s playground, picnic area and bedding schemes. A statue is in the gardens dedicated to executed Easter Rising leader Seán Heuston. There is a plaque in honour of the Irish sculptor Jerome Connor on Infirmary Road, overlooking the Garden’s which he frequently visited. The opening hours are 8am till dusk. Closing times vary during the year.
MAO The Restaurant Image by infomatique This unusually named restaurant is in Dun Laoghaire. Originally they had potraits of Chairman MAO on the walls but these have since been removed.